Eric Stanger practices in the areas of insurance and personal injury law, as well as in corporate & commercial litigation, class proceedings, defamation, and debtor/creditor actions.
Eric appears for clients in the Provincial and Superior Courts of the Province of British Columbia and in administrative hearings on a broad range of matters.
He has a particular focus on medical malpractice defence, with significant experience defending Health Authorities in British Columbia in negligence and product liability actions.
Examples of Eric’s work include:
- representation of class plaintiffs in claims against a municipality for wrongful taxation
- defence of civil claims against hospitals and school districts
- representation of corporate clients in Canada and the United States.
Eric has also represented individuals seeking remedies against institutional authorities in litigation and mediation proceedings.
He routinely works with expert physicians, surgeons, engineers and economists in litigation relating to hospital and school district personal injury claims.
His clients have included:
- British Columbia Health Care Protection Program
- Midwives Protection Program
- British Columbia Health Care Risk Management Society
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Providence Health Care
- Fraser Health Authority
- Interior Health Authority
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
- As well as numerous individuals and corporations in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest.
Eric’s approach to law is a focus on efficient results for the client with effective communication throughout the legal process.
Eric is an avid skier and intermittently practices to be an athlete and musician.
- Ll.B., University of Victoria, 1997
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 1998